< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Free Fallin'

The past month's been kind of a whirlwind. I was asked by this band, The Henry Clay People to fill in for their drummer when they go on tour next week. Ever since, my life's been all rehearsing and wedding-attending, with occasional Wire marathons thrown in.

So Saturday I'll be nursing my Halloween candy and punch hang over in a van (similar to the one pictured) headed to Sacramento. We'll be gone for a week, up to Seattle and back. Seattle will be my debut, actually. Henry Clay's drummer is playing the first two dates, leaving me to do my first performance not to a half-filled club, but as a live, in-studio performance on KEXP, possibly the biggest indie / web radio station in the country. Ah, pressure.

I think I'd rather turn my attention to my costume. Les Blanks is playing a Halloween show this week, and Josh and Parker are dressing up as Lemmy and Willie Nelson, respectively. I'm finally giving into all that high school taunting and just going to go as this guy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com