< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 25, 2008

On the wings of Sunset Junction

I was kind of excited about Sunset Junction this year. The line up of bands was decent (Cold War Kids, Black Keys, The Henry Clay People), and our new apartment's 2 blocks away, which took the expensive and impossible parking out of the equation.

But this year the organizers upped admission to $20 (used to be $10), and did away with their neighborhood discount, which allowed residents within a certain radius free / discounted admission. (I'd also heard that the organizers re-drew the perimeters of the fair at the last minute, effectively shitting on the businesses who count on SJ as Christmas -- so much for community spirit?). So I was over it as fast as I was into it.

I still got to experience it, however. The Hoover Stage, which featured by far the worst music of the weekend (World Music and bad R and B), was very audible from our kitchen. Saturday and Sunday it was more Mariachi Music than I ever need, and Sunday night, we got exclusive access to Jeffrey Osborne. Not sure who Jeffrey Osborne is? You might recognize "On the Wings of Love," as I did, as I was chopping onions.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com