< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sick Day

I was too sick to go to work today, which I think might be karmic retribution for entertaining the possibility of taking a day off "just because I can" to Leigh and Marah last week. They have real jobs, and no such whimsical options. On the bright side, it's raining, which is good Sick Day weather. It's like the world outside feels just as achey and couch-bound as I do. Sunny weather's the worst when you're sick. It just taunts you with its warmth and freewheelin' good times. But the timing for a day like this is pretty good. Tomorrow I leave for Austin, and have the requisite laundry and packing to do.

And the TV! I guess it's been a while since I experienced daytime TV. Soaps, talk shows (Springer's still on?), and incredible commercials aimed at homemakers, the injured, and women who are as old as the hills. Betty White is doing spots for pet medicine now, DeVry is hyping their degree in Video Games, and Larry H Parker still wants to represent you. (A disappointing lack of Court Shows, however).

Right now I'm catching up on DVR'd episodes of Subterranean, which is a little dangerous. I've already itunes-ified a few songs, which is something I don't do often, actually (buying songs vs. albums). I guess Sick Day has taught me to be a good consumer. Hurray! Cough.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com