< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 10, 2007

Why is Jason Lee peepin me?

Last week, we walked to En Sushi for Happy Hour. If you live in LA, near Hillhurst, and like things that are awesome, go. It's 7 days a week-long, and the fish is pretty good.

After we sat, I glanced over at the table next to us. I came eye to eye with a very bearded Jason Lee. I looked down. He was staring right at me. Not in an evil way, but it wasn't "how ya doing?" either.

Of the girl he was with, Marah whispered, "that's definitely NOT his wife."

For the rest of the meal, every time my eye wandered right, Beardy Lee was looking. Is he nervous to be seen with this non-wife who keeps rubbing his arm? Did I piss him off for noticing?

I have to admit, I felt a tiny surge of power. With my eyes, I tried to convey the following message: that chip on your shoulder called Scientology isn't quite so chippy, is it?

(In retrospect it seems this had less to do with me catching him in act of infidelity, and everything to do with my pettyness and blind contempt for Scientology. It's also worth noting that I really like Jason Lee, so I guess it goes to show you a little Happy Hour sushi and beer can really go to your head).

When he finally left, I declared to everyone at the table. "Dude, Jason Lee was totally staring me down the whole time!"

Then Jon said, "I think he was watching the Dodger game. Behind you."

Also, he's divorced, it turns out.

P.S. I'm a douche.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com