< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Come back home, Wes

I thought The Life Aquatic was okay. Wes Anderson walks the line between Wacky and what I guess you'd call Inspired Weirdness, and almost always defaults to the latter. Which is what makes his first 3 movies so great. They're inspired. But parts of TLA just felt Wacky for no good reason. Maybe he tried to tailor the script to a bigger budget?

Anyway, I have high hopes for The Darjeeling Limited. I watched the trailer twice. After the first time, I thought it looked decent. The second made me really want to see it. Maybe it's Owen Wilson's bandages, or the Kinks song, or Jason Schwartzman macing his brothers.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com