< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 09, 2006

the joy of filling in for Reception, #38
This white guy with a bow tie gingerly approached me with his parking card. "I'll just hand this to my friend here [me] for a parking validation."

I had to tell him that, even though he'd come in for a deposition and was here for several hours, we didn't validate. Unfortunately, that's just our policy.

Suddenly, he was no longer the jovial J Crew picture. He was... angry. "I spoke to Cathy Flynn yesterday, and she told me that you do."

I could tell my word wouldn't cut it. I told him to wait while I called our office manager, knowing exactly what she'd say. And yep, she said it.

"I'm sorry, Cathy's new and she probably didn't know."

"Do you have any idea what this is going to cost me?"

I tried my hardest not to laugh, but at the same time I didn't really care. "A lot...?"

Ignoring this, he zanged me with his prepared comeback. "A significant sum."

Dang, he didn't have to go there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com