< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 06, 2006

This guy's cool 'cause he won stuff!
By simple luck, I won the NCAA bracket pool at work. I know nothing about college basketball. I picked Florida because they were decently ranked, and I thought, what the hell? I've never won anything, and now I have a cool $64 to prove that yes, I too am a winner, like all those people who receive giant checks from Ed McMahon.
The funny things is -- and this could be my paranoia -- I seem to have earned respect, or at least an uncomfortable amount of attention, at work because of it. Attorneys have been chatting me up. "Hey Winner, are you too busy celebrating to open this file for me, ha ha". One guy said "wuzzup" to me twice today. And then I got this: "Hey Soika... is that Japanese?". I'm hoping I don't have that curse that befalls lottery winners and destroys their lives, or you know, leaves them stranded on an island. If this high profile stuff keeps up, I may have to move my operation into the lonely stacks of the library.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com