< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Great Pancake Swindle of '97
In the recent blog tradition of celebrating rad people on their birthdays, I wanted to post an old picture here of me and Carolyn. Unfortunately, all my old pics sit in my desk at home, and alas, I have no scanner. I could post one of the sweet ones she sent me on my myspace page, but that seems like cheating.

But this is what I would've shown you. It's me and her standing outside this terrible restaurant in New York City, shaking our fists.

Just prior to the pic, inside the restaurant, we had decided to split the pancakes and fruit plate. When the food finally came, the waitress set down a plate with one pancake a la moded with a truckload of melon. It cost $14 (this was when we still lived in PQ more or less, and $14 was a classy night out at the Claim Jumper).

So there we are. Bundled up for the bitter cold, fists a-shakin, and starving.

Happy belated birthday, Carolyn. Let's never order pancakes again.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com