< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 03, 2005

Strippin'
In five years of living in LA, I've managed to avoid the Sunset strip on a Saturday night. I've had the extreme misfortune of being caught in traffic during that time, and it was maddening enough to keep me from ever going back, let alone going back and getting out of my car. And to make a sweeping generalization as only I can, all the people in LA that I hate hang out there. I know, I know. This is all really un-Spring Break of me. What can I say, I'm a totally complex and mysterious guy.

But Saturday, Bianca, my roommate, wanted to cheese up her 30th birthday, so it was off to Saddle Ranch we went. It reminded me of college, the strip. Specifically, it reminded me of when I lived near SDSU, and got to watch drunk frat folk stumble around in their party clothes. (Note: Las Vegas, while also full of drunk stumblers, is different 'cause it's totally shameless. In LA, there's a kind of cool or repsect or something people seem to think they're entitled to).

After struggling to find $15 parking, we made it into the bar and were seated right next to the mechanical bull. Oh yeah, there's a mechanical bull at Saddle Ranch that you can ride for a small fee. So that made the night worth it, watching drunk people bounce around. Also, the Ranch ain't too expensive, and there was amazing people watching (fake-everything hos, 40 year-old guys who think they're really hip, guys who wear nothing but leather vests and ripped-to-shreds jeans -- I like to dress up when I go out).

The highlight of the night actually happened across the street at the hotel where we parked. As we waited for the valet, Joaquin Phoenix stumbled out of the hotel with some chick, then awkwardly made chit chat with her while she waited for her car. Then, according to Kevin, he got in some budget-ass rental and drove off. Nice.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com