< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

it's a shame about randy
There's this guy, Randy, at the coffee place I go to every morning. Late 30s. Wears a visor. He's REALLY chipper! It's beyond friendly. Beyond overly friendly. It's kinda eerie. I'm reminded of recent Tom Cruise interviews. Even wheen he's joking around, it's still intense. The laughter is in theory for fun, but you can tell it's covering up for the hollowness inside.

Or so I thought. Last week, I began to think I was being way to writery in my assessment of Randy. Maybe his amp's just turned to 11 all of the time.

Then today happened and I'm not so sure any more...

"HEY THERE, GUY! HOW YA DOIN THIS MORNING?!"

"Pretty good, how are you?"

[Says nothing as he pours the coffee]

"SO YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD, HUH? YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY? THAT CAN ALL CHANGE, JUST LIKE THAT!!"

[Violent snapping of fingers/nervous laugh]

"I... hope that doesn't..."

"HA, I DON'T MEAN TO BRING YA DOWN. ONE SEVENTY-FIVE, PLEASE."

I want to tell Randy it's okay, mostly for my protection, but that might be awkward.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com