< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

weddings are pretty sweet
I'll remember a lot of things about Taryn's wedding...

all the cool people I re/met, the bold get-down on the dance floor, seeing Taryn smile like I've never seen Taryn smile, leading the groom's men into the ceremony, the creepy 40 year old who I "made" Marah dance with at The Waterfront, Taryn's mom spooning cake in my coffee, the especially welcoming groom's men, some girl I didn't know yelling my name over the heads of dancers, etc.

But I'll also remember it as the weekend in which Marah and I perfected our changing in public skills. Going to San Diego, traffic was even more terrifying than predicted. There wasn't enough time to get to Leigh's place, so Marah got ready for the rehearsal, which included a hair-curling, in a Barnes and Noble bathroom, while I changed in my car. I'm pretty sure one woman thought I was sizing up her kid, from the look she gave.

What, a guy can't take off his shirt in a crowded parking lot?, I stared back.

Then, Saturday night in the parking lot after the wedding, set to go meet some folks at a bar, we changed in/around my car once again. But this trumped the first lot experience, because I was parked smack dab in front of the exit. So while guests poured out, we unbottoned shirts, removed socks, and pulled off dresses. Only the sober bartender commented, so I'm thinking either our small amount of discretion actually sufficed, or people were too drunk for it to really register.... who am I kidding, it was the latter.

I am already already missing it. Can someone cool get married every day, please, and invite us?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com