< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Get Out Of my Head, Perry..... And Into my Car
I've had this song stuck in my head for 3 days. Well not the whole song, just these lines:

She's just a small town girl
Livin' in a yaya world
She took the midnight train to a-ny-wayah!

I'm not sure about the lyrics (the "yaya" part is how his voice sounds to me), or even the title. All I know is it's Steve Perry. Was it during his solo career, or with Journey? Can't say. That's not important. What is important is that these goddamn lyrics get out of my head STAT!

This all started Friday night when someone lamented the absence of karaoke from our lives. It ignited a Steve Perry fire in me that I can't deny, apparently. I'm taking it as a sign. I have a date with this song, as maddening as it is at the moment. The problem is Kevin Murphy did it for Leigh's birthday a couple years back, and it set an insurmountable bar. Gotta work on my falsetto.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com