< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 10, 2005

Insufficient Flare
I was called into the OM's office last week for my yearly review (OM is fancy office speak for Office Manager, but who has time for both words when you're an on-the-go file clerk). Barring any acts of homicide throughout the year (my company is embarrassingly lenient with its attorneys, which trickles down and admittedly works in my favor), these things are the same every time. She says the firm's happy with you, gives you a little raise, and sends you on your way. This time, though, as I got up to leave, she said, "Oh, I think some people would like you to show a little more enthusiasm around the office". Translation: I'm not kissing ass hard enough. Or, I am kissing ass, but not with tongue.

Which begs the question, how far should one be expected to go in fake cordiality? I'm not mean to anyone. I say "hi" to the people I don't like, and have conversations with the ones I do. They've got my soul. What more do they want?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com