< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 20, 2004

Cards Blow
I just went to buy my brother a birthday card. Slim pickins, to say the least (not that I was too surprised). Except for the rare instances where I found something decent, I've never liked buying cards for people. They're like corny sitcom jokes, complete with laugh track. So if I can save you from bad humor on your birthday, I will. But this place I went to today, the gift shop in our building, the selection wasn't even kind of funny, and by funny of course, I mean "not entirely void of the ability to induce a quiet mental snicker". So I did what I usually do in this situation. I bought a card with a picture of a dog wearing sunglasses. That's the gimmick. A dog. With sunglasses. Are you laughing yet? Hopefully my brother's as big a fan of irony as I am.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com