< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Doctor's Note
Apologies. You may've noticed my absence from this thing. Trying to finish a script I've been working on for ten thousand years. About half polishing, half cutting/writing new scenes. A whole lotta work and time. It's been requested by someone with money through a friend of a friend. This is how these things work when you're nobody struggling to be somebody.

Most days over the past week, I've gone to bed with the script on my mind and woke up the same way. Which is good. Keeps me hooked. Occasionally, though, this takes it toll, and makes me forget to do everyday things like brush my teeth. To compensate, I swished with Listerine this morning. Now I've got a burnt mouth and smell like a dentist's office. The price you pay for creativity, I guess. Oh, the humanity.

Oh, also I've realized that I'm totally inept at recognizing celebrities (an ability that's only discovered when you live in LA, I think). The other night while waiting in the Arclight lobby for I Heart Huckabees, Jeff Goldblum walked by right smack in front of me, only to be pointed out by Marah. This happened last week, too, when we stumbled upon Brad Pitt at the top of Runyon Canyon sitting on a bench, gazing pensively at the LA skyline (perhaps considering his plans to fuck/own it?). And then there was some guy the other night she recognized named Rider Strong, I think. But I didn't feel ignorant about that one. Mostly, I just wanted to punch him for being named Rider Strong. (If it's his real name, I'll punch his parents).

Back to work!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com