< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 11, 2004

Bags Are Packed
We're not leaving for New York until Wednesday but I'm already checked out. I've upshifted to Vacation Mode. Work, ignored. Annoying co-workers, tolerated. In-flight reading materials, chosen. Even Starbucks tastes a little less burnt and seems a little less evil.

I've never been to NYC in Fall. Woody Allen movies tell me it's the best season. Froze my ass off during Winter, despite the layering of sweat pants under my jeans. Don't know why I didn't have long underwear. Probably too broke. Or too lazy. Or too pissed off over The Great Pancake Swindal that befell Sugary and I.

A few years ago it was the hottest summer they'd had in ten years. Stayed in an apartment in Brooklyn with nothing but a tiny fan to cool a room with four people. When I finally could fall asleep, I dreamt about sweating. There was no escape.

(Of course, this is to say nothing of all the fun I've had there. Which is why I'm going back, in case that wasn't clear).

In Spring, I walked around un-harrassed by the elements. So that's what I'm counting on this week. Plus scenery.

Also finished my draft, which is still a work-in-progress, but a big step in the right direction all the same.

Anyone have the newest Rilo Kiley album? Me likey the song they play on "Morning Becomes Eclectic".

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com