< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Tragi-comedy
I saw Arnold's speech at the RNC the other night. It didn't really say anything, but it did confirm what I already knew. Namely, he's mostly just a harmless embarrassment who, if flexible enough, would blow himself. While quoting his movies.

And then there were the Bush twins. Watching them was like watching a bad '80s stand up comedy team. Yes, I realize people write their words for them. But the giggling, Hillary Duff "I like boys and flowers!" delivery added a layer of awful. When they weren't name-dropping their friends in the White House, they bashed their, like, totally un-hip grandparents. My favorite line:

Grandma's so dumb she thinks that Sex and the City is something you should do and never talk about!

Okay, I made up that "so dumb" part, but it was implied. I just cut out the middle man.

And then last night there was Zell Miller, Republimat from GA who sounded more like a delusional hillbilly than a senator. (No offense to delusional hillbillies). Followed by Cheney's smug, quoted-out-of-context attack on Kerry.

Sigh...

I'm still hopeful, but we may very well be royally f'd, people.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com