< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Words, What Bitches
Sometimes I'm retarded. Not in the real way (at least, not in the diagnosed way), but in that four year old way when my brain wants to express something, and scrambles over many phrases, and the result is a kind of nonsensical potpouri. Like refrigerator poetry. Or our president. It always happens when I'm lost in thought, and have to suddenly shift focus.

So today I'm writing an email, and mid sentence this guy walks in and wants me to sign something. I suspect my mind ran a gamut of possibilities like, what's happening?, how's it going?, and -- though I usually reserve this gem for people I know -- how's it hanging? But what stumbled out of my mouth before Self Awareness could slam on the breaks, was

What's hanging?

(loooong pause)

When I realized what I said, I followed with a big "HOW ARE YOU?!", hoping that would somehow negate or at least cover up the first thing. But he definitely looked at me suspiciously...... or was it sexily??

In any case, I don't think there's any hope in fighting it 'cause I'm pretty sure I inherited this habit from my dad, who's famous in our family for thinking out loud, which of course is a euphamism for talking to yourself. Sweet!




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com