< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

You My Dawg, Dilbert
Another person was let go today, which, coupled with rumors, confirms my fear that the firm has unleashed that most innocent, yet deadly of office euphamisms upon us... Downsizing. It seems to be moving systematically from department to department, axing the most recent hiree. Which means if they target Filing, I'm screwed. My plan is to step up the workload until this blows over. So I'll be doing things faster, but mostly this just means I have to pretend harder. Moving papers around more deliberately when the OM walks in the room, laughing less when I read blogs and emails, standing up when I ask someone if they need help, etc. Realistically, they could survive with one less person, but not without screwing over the other two. Unfortunately, the firm's not one to accomodate its employees unless it's absolutely necessary. I suppose if an earthquake hit and we got stranded up here on the 15th floor they wouldn't make me fax their signature pages or whatever, but they ain't going out of their way for anybody. On the plus side, I competently do the jobs I'm given, and everyone seems to like me. I think it's the joy and enthusiasm with which I approach my wor... sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Anyway, I guess unemployment wouldn't be so bad. There's something kinda romantically working class about standing in line for food stamps, ri???

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com