< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 12, 2004

Sharks Be Damned!
Usually I don't tell people good news -- or for that matter, post announcements on the web about it -- before it's 100% confirmed. I've always had this weird paranoia about putting information out in the open, because then it's suceptible to expectations! All I can think of to explain it is the beginning of Jaws when the drunk chick goes skinny dipping in the ocean only to be attacked by a starving shark in a manner that'd make most dinosaurs blush. Or like in Pirahna when the dude goes for a friendly dip in the reservoir and gets devoured by thousands of razor-toothed fish. Or how in Jaws 3-D when Iron Eagle 4's Lou Gossett Jr. closes Sea World and the shark goes buck wild on the tourists. You get the idea. Or not.

Anyhoot, this time I'm saying f. that, and am here to tell you that two plays of mine are tentatively scheduled for production by the end of the year. One will be up for a few weekends in September. It's a one-act that's part of a series of short plays. Sort of in the vein of Chewy Nougat Center, the sketch/play thing I did a couple years ago. I mean, I think. It's not exactly written yet. The other is an older play. Some of you may remember it as the big downer you saw at USC. I'm revising it so it's funnier, not quite as bleak. But mostly, I'm making it better. So there ya go. Break out the cake and zany cone hats.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com