< SPRINNGGG BREEAAAKKKK!!!! <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Orgie or Gang Bang?
For the next month, I'll be workshopping plays with a few other writers for this one-act festival I may be in. I'm excited 'cause workshops provide deadlines, and for someone with masterfully subtle procrastination skills, deadlines are amazing.

However, there's the issue of feedback. When good, feedback is tremendously helpful. When bad, it makes me want to stick a fork in my face. My favorite/worst memory of the MFA program at 'SC was when Jewish Lesbian tried to fit her Jewish Lesbian agenda into not one, but three of my plays. I've written nary a scrap of dialogue about Jews or lesbians. But there ya go. And when there wasn't much Jewish, she overcompensated with the Lesbian. (After a while, it got so out of control that she became Token Jewish Lesbian).

Fortunately, the writers I'm working with now are better than that. Unfortunately, some of them strangle minute details until the blood's drained from the corpse, which makes feedback only painful. But I have faith, goddammit. The ol' blog may suffer a little over the next few weeks, so consult your palm pilots accordingly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com